Home Taxes Where is my 2011 Tax Return?

Where is my 2011 Tax Return?

by My Journey to Millions

Checking The Status of My Federal Tax Return

I met with my accountant a couple weeks ago and have recently received a copy of my taxes back.  Since I am expecting a sizeable tax refund (Daddy’s little Tax Deduction was born right before the new year)  so I am obviously excited and anxious.  A few years ago I discovered the IRS’ website, Where’s My Refund?

Where's My Refund - IRS

Despite it being from the IRS, the website is actually really easy to use and all you need is:

• Your Social Security Number (or if you are married the Social Security Number that your taxes are filed under)
  • Filing Status
  • Refund Amount (in whole numbers)

Status of Evan’s Refund

I didn’t get great news when I used this tool.  Basically, the IRS doesn’t know just yet, which is frustrating, but I’ll let it be for another week before I start making phone calls.

Refund Status Results

Have you used this tool to find out the status of your refund?

Checking the Status of Your State’s Tax Refund

I am a bit less excited about tracking my New York State’s tax return since I owe a few bucks, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be excited to check the status of your refund.

It took a while but I searched out almost every single State.  These links are good for the 2011 Tax year.

You may also like

7 comments

Kevin 04/06/2011 - 8:37 am

Where’s my Texas state refund!? Oh yeah, I don’t pay state taxes. woot.

Evan 04/06/2011 - 8:40 am

I always wondered about you “no-state income tax people”…do you actually try to deduct your sales tax or let it?

Kevin 04/06/2011 - 8:44 am

Well I don’t itemize deductions so I haven’t done anything with sales tax yet. However, I will this year because I’m donating a lot to charity. I’ll learn more about it when I actually do it, but I do know that you don’t have to save every receipt in the year, there is a cookie cutter formula.

Funny about Money 04/06/2011 - 9:30 am

tried that once. wasn’t worth the effort.

Don 04/06/2011 - 5:27 pm

Prior years, those links would have come in handy, but this year I’m owing on both Fed and State returns (booo)… Still I bookmarked this page, great info.

Nice timing on child tax credit! I had a bother-in-law who just missed the date by a few days.

Untemplater 04/06/2011 - 11:58 pm

Let’s hope the government shutdown gets averted or we could all be stuck waiting on refunds for who knows how long. Congrats on the birth of your son!

Jeff 04/07/2011 - 10:53 am

ha! I also dont pay state income tax. Awesome, and unfortunately, I wont be getting a refund from uncle sam. Boo hiss!